Bedford Commons OB-GYN seeks a full-time certified and experienced medical assistant. The medical assistant will perform a variety of medical procedures and tests to assist in the examination and treatment of patients. The MA will also perform a variety of clerical duties, as assigned. Candidate should possess excellent communication skills, be detail-oriented, organized, and comfortable with electronic medical records. OB-GYN office experience is preferred.
Job functions include but are not limited to:
- Interview patient to obtain reason for visit to doctor and takes vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, weight, etc. Documents patient’s reason for visit along with vital signs in patient’s chart. Provides or drapes patient with appropriate covering depending upon examination.
- Prepares examination room by changing table paper, performing necessary cleaning, laying out instruments and supplies. Assists provider with patient examinations by helping to move or position patient for procedure, handing instruments to physician, etc.
- May perform any of the following medical procedures: giving injections other related activities.
- Performs a variety of routine laboratory tests and procedures such as centrifuging blood, setting up slides for microscopic examination, and performing tests.
- May provide instructions to patients as per provider order/protocol or reinforce provider instructions.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments according to established procedures.
- Performs routine stock work such as shelving supplies, monitoring supply levels and checking for outdated supplies. Initiates paperwork to reorder supplies, as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures to meet safety standards of OSHA. Actively participates in all safety training including but not limited to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and annual safety training.
- Works as part of the team at Bedford Commons OB-GYN to improve patient care.
- Prepares for patient visits by reviewing the chart at least 24-48 hours prior to visit and requesting any chart documents required for office visit.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of an approved Medical Assistant program, or two to three years on the job training in a doctor’s office or related area performing Medical Assistant duties. Medical Assistant certification preferred.
Work Week: Monday – Friday, 6:45am-4:30pm
Job Location: Offices in Bedford, Windham and Derry, NH – person hired for position will rotate to all offices.
Competitive compensation and benefits package offered.