Certified Medical Assistant
Bedford Commons OB-GYN seeks a full-time certified and experienced medical assistant. The medical assistant will perform a variety of medical procedures and tests to assist in the examination and treatment of patients. The MA will also perform a variety of clerical duties, as assigned. Candidate should possess excellent communication skills, be detail-oriented, organized, and comfortable with electronic medical records. OB-GYN office experience is preferred.
Job functions include but are not limited to:
1. Interview patient to obtain reason for visit to doctor and takes vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, weight, etc. Documents patient’s reason for visit along with vital signs in patient’s chart. Provides or drapes patient with appropriate covering depending upon examination.
2. Prepares examination room by changing table paper, performing necessary cleaning, laying out instruments and supplies. Assists provider with patient examinations by helping to move or position patient for procedure, handing instruments to physician, etc.
3. May perform any of the following medical procedures: giving injections other related activities.
4. Performs a variety of routine laboratory tests and procedures such as centrifuging blood, setting up slides for microscopic examination, and performing tests.
5. May provide instructions to patients as per provider order/protocol or reinforce provider instructions.
6. Cleans and sterilizes instruments according to established procedures.
7. Performs routine stock work such as shelving supplies, monitoring supply levels and checking for outdated supplies. Initiates paperwork to reorder supplies, as necessary.
8. Follows established policies and procedures to meet safety standards of OSHA. Actively participates in all safety training including but not limited to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and annual safety training.
9. Works as part of the team at Bedford Commons OB-GYN to improve patient care.
10. Prepares for patient visits by reviewing the chart at least 24-48 hours prior to visit and requesting any chart documents required for office visit.
High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of an approved Medical Assistant program, or two to three years on the job training in a doctor’s office or related area performing Medical Assistant duties. Medical Assistant certification preferred.
Monday – Friday, 6:45am-4:30pm
Offices in Bedford, Windham and Derry, NH – person hired for position will rotate to all offices.
Competitive compensation and benefits package offered.
Full-Time Medical Billing Specialist
Bedford Commons OB-GYN is searching for a Full-Time Medical Billing Specialist to join our team in our Bedford, NH office. You will be part of a dedicated team of professionals that demonstrate our core value of excellence for our patients. This position is responsible for performing specified administrative duties which entail the collections and entry of information.
· Retrieving infertility benefits and communicating to patients
· Reconciling patient accounts and issuing refunds
· Reconciling missing charges
· Claims follow-up
· Charge entry
· Assist patients with billing issues over the phone
· Provide coverage for front office as needed
· Other duties assigned by Manager(s)
• High School degree
• 1-5 years of knowledge of healthcare billing and coding procedures, appeals experience and claims follow-up preferred
• Ability to be able to work effectively and independently with other employees, patients and providers
• Strong phone and communication skills; comfortable with multi-line system
•Detailed oriented and possess excellent organization skills
• Confidence in developing policies and procedures
• Proficient computer skills, MS Word and Excel
• Understanding Explanation of Benefits
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Exceptional customer service experience in a healthcare setting
Compensation and Benefits – Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience.
Competitive company benefits
Candidates will not be evaluated without completing the application at the link above. Please do not call or email regarding the status of your application.
Job Type: Full-time