Summer Chickpea Salad
Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) are another fiber powerhouse at 11 grams per 1-cup serving. They’re also a great source of protein. This salad recipe is quick and full of summer goodness.
- 2 (19-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-pint small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tablespoons finely shredded basil leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toss chickpeas, tomatoes, feta cheese, and basil together in a large mixing bowl.
- Put honey in a small glass bowl; heat in microwave 30 seconds. Stir garlic, red wine vinegar, cider vinegar, olive oil, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt with the honey to make a dressing; pour over the chickpea salad and toss to coat.
- Cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate salad for 1 hour before serving.